Press release: 30-12-2015: EMSPI on track
The EMSPI project ( Energy Management Standardization in Printing Industry ) had a conference beginning of December 2015 in Madrid, Spain. The project is on track. In the beginning of 2016 the implementing of the energy management system in the SME’s will start.
The EMSPI project aims to promote actions for increase the energy efficiency at European small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) of the Printing Industry by promoting the implementation of Energy Management System based on the global standard ISO 50001.
The main specific objectives of EMSPI project are the following:
- To develop a specific adaptation of the global standard ISO 50001 for the energy management in printing SMEs and sector-specific implementation guidelines.
- To implement the specific energy management standard at 100 SMEs (during lifetime project).
- To enhance the awareness on the benefits of energy efficiency tools to all the Printing Industry stakeholders in European countries.
In the short term the following results are expected:
- 100 SME’s with a fulfilled energy management system according to EN 16001 and/or ISO 50001 and potentials on energy efficiency improvement.
- 40000 GJ, 880 ton CO2 and 915.000 € of potential savings during the project lifetime
- Awareness of 300 SME’s per country on energy efficiency and energy management and how to use tools and project materials within the industry in each country, through direct and indirect dissemination activities.
In the longer run, the project create a “critical mass” or multiplier effect at industry level in order to expand the developed set of tools and specific communication materials.
Czech Republic, is a leading consulting company providing assistance mainly in the field of energy, environmental and business consultancy.
Spain, is well recognized for its knowledge on developing and applying climate change policies, mitigation and energy efficiency assessments.
Germany, is a research & consultancy company with special expertise in innovation management, knowledge & technology transfer.
(Graphic Association Denmark), Denmark, is the principal organisation for Danish graphic companies composed by graphic production companies producing printed and electronic products.
The Netherlands, supports around 400 media enterprises per year (mainly SME’s) in their management of their business. Dienstencentrum is also coordinator of the EMSPI project.